Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Just Show Up

Just Show Up  *****
by Kara Tippetts and Jill Lynn Buteyn

Overview: The book's subtitle is "the dance of walking through suffering together." I can't think of a better way to describe what this book is about. It's the story of two friends and their journey through suffering. However, it is more that just their story. The book is full of very practical advise on how to be a better friend to someone who is hurting. 
Themes: friendship, suffering
Negative elements: none
Positive elements: well-written, specific and helpful, encouraging, full of hope in the midst of a despairing story
Conclusion: I highly recommend this book for anyone to read. I did cry at the end...I couldn't help myself. But this truly is a well-written, helpful book. I learned some things that I am going to try to apply right now in my life in regards to some suffering people who are around me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment