Tuesday, April 5, 2016

I Dared to Call Him Father

I Dared to Call Him Father  *****
by Bilquis Sheikh

A friend who grew up in Pakistan recommended this book to me. It's the story of a prominent Muslim woman in Pakistan finding Jesus. She wrestles through what it means to follow Jesus even if it costs her everything. She is boycotted from family functions, has death threats, no one will speak to her, her house is set on fire, and finally she has to leave Pakistan. But through it all, she talks about how God gives her peace. She talks about the importance of meeting with other believers, of reading the Bible, and of obeying God daily.

I was so encouraged to read this amazing story of what God did through this one obedient woman. I so easily forget about how great and powerful God is. And that He still works in mysterious ways today.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone! It is well-written, fast paced, and so encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment